Wednesday, May 8, 2013


Welcome my friends to the crazy and exciting world of chaos and excitement. You never know what will happen from one minute to the next and each day is a whole new adventure.
This week being the week before Mothers Day I thought I would talk about mothers. And it takes a special kind of person to raise boys. That is why today I am going to talk about my Mother-in-law (MIL).
You might be thinking oh this is gonna be typical. Doesn't everyone hate their MIL's? 
WELL I DO NOT. I have an amazing MIL. And because of that she raised an amazing son.
When I first met Judy I was so nervous. These were city folks and I was out of my element. I wanted to make a good impression especially since I believe on our first visit we were announcing our engagement.
But it took about 10 seconds to realize she was my kind of people. She was crafty and industrious, creative and kind and loving. I didn't have fears for long we laughed and looked at baby pictures of Dave.
Over the years almost 24 at this point, I have come to admire Judy so much. She is the mother of 3 boys and 1 girl. (just like my family) But she is also the mother of an adopted daughter and a disabled son. They adopted my sister-in-law when my Husband was 5 from Kentucky of all places. and their youngest child Jeff was born with severe mental and physical disabilities. I have watched how she treated these children and it became an inspiration to me but little did  I know it would also be a learning experience for me, because I would go through similar circumstances. Her example in dealing with so many things and having gone through so many of these things her advice is priceless. Another thing I love is that her and I are also dealing with aging parents at the same time and she is a vast trove of knowledge. Judy is such a generous and giving to our family, which brings me to her being Grammy JUJU. What a terrific grandma does she make. Our daughter was her first grandbaby and gave her the moniker JUJU and now everyone follows suit. Because of her generosity my children have had many experiences I couldn't give them. She always makes sure they have what they need and then some, needless to say she spoils them rotten and gives in to nearly every whim just as it should be.
But what I truly admire is her as a person, she is calm and patient and sweet.
And whether she is your MIL, Mom, daughter, Auntie, sister or friend, you are blessed to have her as part of your life.
Happy Mothers Day JUJU

Have a blessed day and call your MIL and tell her you appreciate her today.
Suszi



No comments: