Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A little alone time



Hello friends,
Today as I sit and write I am completely alone, which is rare and wonderful.
I love my children but rarely do I get any truly alone time.
As a mother we all need this. We rarely get to use the bathroom alone, or drinking a whole cup of coffee while it is still hot, is a luxury.
We need to take time for ourselves. I know we all know that and desire it and we can never have our children far from our mind of course, but what I need more than anything is not to take more time for me but more time for God. Like us He craves alone time with us. How can we hear Him if were not quiet? If you have older children who don't live at home anymore you crave to hear their voice, even if it is to just ask how to cook something.  We don't have to spend hours and tons of time cause face it we rarely have that time, but if we can give Him 10 or 15 minutes even if it is locked in the bathroom with the kids pounding on the door. 

Like a cool drink of water when you’re worn out and weary is a letter from a long-lost friend.
Proverbs 25:24-26

Do we treat God like a long lost friend? I DO. I admit I give Him so little time. Yes I have excuses and alibis but no good reason not to just listen, to be quiet and shut my mouth and open my ears. So all the things today that are stressing me and overwhelming me, and worrying me, I am gonna give God some time, even if it is in the car with the radio off.

I want to encourage you to take a little time and listen and open your heart to a loving Father.

Have a blessed Day

Always
Suszi

No comments: