Thursday, May 30, 2013

epiphany for carrying the load



Good morning friends,
Well in the 5 minutes yesterday I was giving God,I had an epiphany. He is amazing isn't He?
Well I started to feel very overwhelmed last night, on my Facebook group for dup15q several parents were upset and were having rough days and my heart broke for them, and I didn't get to all I needed to do, and my mom spent 4 hours in the ER and then they moved her to ICU for her COPD, my dad was tired and very forgetful, and I was just feeling overcome. I also have to find money for the upcoming conference and haven't even registered. so overwhelmed is putting it mildly. The phrase "God doesn't give you more that you can handle" of course comes to mind, but God taught me a new lesson last night, not a new idea or something I have never heard before, but something that finally sank in.
Not God won't give us more then we can handle, BUT we need to Give it all to HIM so we don't have to handle anything. DUH!!! Sometimes I amaze myself at how slow I am.I have heard this my whole life, and yet hadn't felt the need to apply it to my current issues. 
Right now I have so many life issues to deal with, ie. having only one of my 3 brothers who will help and he is on the other side of the world, one is using drugs again, my father who is getting dementia fast, Mom who is terminally ill, Grand parents who are ageing and waning in health, a terminally ill daughter, a 5 year old who needs me, a store to close, a store to set up, a wedding reception to plan, a graduation or 2 to help do, getting well from a year long infection and trying to figure out how to get money we don't have to go to a conference we need to go to, planning a birthday party, scheduling PCA's, and needing a second cup of coffee and no one here to make it for me.
I didn't tell you all this to make you feel sorry for me or to worry, but to give you a glimpse into all that is in my head to keep me from hearing God and remembering His truths.
And it can be done, He will make a way, to talk even when it is to noisy to hear.
So today I go play cards with my mom and enjoy all the time we have together and rejoice for each moment, and get ready for a picnic with my son to celebrate the end of kindergarten tonight, and remember who has my back, and who carry's the load, NOT ME, not anymore.

Be blessed today and look for the little things or moments you can spend with those you love.

always
Suszi

No comments: