Friday, May 10, 2013

Tribute to my Mother



Good morning my friends
The post card above is my favorite author with my favorite quote from my favorite Pres.
Today I'm going to talk about my mother. Since Sunday is mothers day and I doubt ill have time to write tomorrow since nearly every surrounding town has garage sales and ill be off early to them.
My mother Blue we have briefly talked about before, but she is a very complex person and I'm sure I could talk days and not even touch the surface. I think what I love the most about my mother is her sense of humor. She is so funny and NEVER misses an opportunity to get a laugh. When I was about 15 we went to Niagra falls in the winter and since me and my mom hate water we didn't accompany my dad under the frozen falls, something about 50 tons of ice looming over head didn't sound appealing to me. So I went into the gift shop while my mom smoked. When I got inside it was empty and very shortly after a huge group of Asian tourists came in wearing cameras around their necks. Then enters my mother!!! instead of coming over to me she walks right up into the middle of there group and says"Chingchingchongaisaudh" We'll as a group they looked at one another and turned in unison to look at me quizzically  I just shrugged my shoulders and walked out of the store quickly. Or when her and her sister went into the changing rooms at Walmart and she said "Hey Pudge, you got toilet paper in your stall?" loud enough for half the store to hear. But regardless of my embarrassment as a teen that included many more such stories, I love and admire my mother.
She was married to my dad at the age of 14 and he was 24, but that was a different era and they have been together over 50 years. I know not all those were blissful years but they were fun, when you put a strong-headed Irish man and a hardheaded hillbilly together it can get crazy. But it was fun growing up. My mother always sang me to sleep with these really sad folk songs about orphan children dying on church steps or being killed by alcoholic father after their mother died. They sound creepy and weird but were also very beautiful stories of the past. My mom was a stay at home mom basically she worked when I got to high school as a home health nurse. She was a crazy and funny mother but also very loving and caring and always ready to help anyone who needed it. Our home was open to anyone who needed anything from a bed to a meal. She has a generous heart and loving arms. Many people admire and love my mother. and others wish they had a mom like mine. Not that it was all roses but it was fun. She is an amazing person as a whole. She encouraged and stood up for me. She loved unconditionally and with her whole heart, she is my best friend and mentor. She is a spiritual woman who taught me to love God and honor His ways.
And her children do "Arise and call her blessed". We are blessed and loved by an amazing woman.

So today tell your mom you love her, or anyone for that matter, share a smile or a hug.

Be blessed
Suszi

No comments: