Friday, May 24, 2013

Happy Birthday my dear daughter



Good morning friends,
 Today is my eldest daughters birthday, she is 23 today.
It is also the first birthday I don't get to spend with her.
I think of all the birthdays we had for her, (I love birthdays) at 2 sesame street, to 4 Barney, to 10 Bugs, to cooking and 21 for drinks and last year with jitters just a few days before she got married.
I cannot express how very proud I am of her. When I was pregnant I prayed and hoped for so many things for her, and once again God blew me away. She is so smart, and beautiful, and has the career of her dreams doing something she loves. She has an amazing husband, she choose wisely and prayerfully. she has a home and pets and gardens she loves. 
I don't want you to think it has all been fun, but for the most part it has, we have had a few times where life was tough and tough love was needed. But thank God she and we can look at those times and agree that was necessary. 
I know living away from us (about an hour) and her close friends is hard but, I know that God is in that too. She is getting stronger and more independent and having to cleave to her husband is so important and I am so glad for this time although it is hard to see her lonely. 
When people say we did such a great job with her and how did we do it? well a lot of prayer and stumbling through just like every other parent. But by the grace of God.
Growing up we were so strict with television and homeschooling and everything maybe a little over the top, but none the less through our weaknesses and lack of parenting skills, she turned out perfect.
I often say I wanted 12 boys, and I never even thought I would have a girl, but even though I wouldn't let the doctor tell me what sex she was, I knew. And the day she was born was the most wonderful day of my life, that I could make this amazing little thing and be given the chance to raise her astounded me. We were so young and excited, looking back I laugh at those kids and their zealousness.
 Today I want to honor this beautiful person and say how proud and excited I am for her, and I look forward to the day she gets to experience the joy we felt 23 years ago, the day she was born.

Happy Birthday my dear Helena

Always
Suszi
(Mom)




No comments: