Thursday, May 2, 2013



Good morning dear friends and faithful readers,
I have talked about my younger children a lot but not of my eldest daughter.
Helena is amazing, and beautiful and delightful.
I thank God for her everyday. She will soon be 23 and has hard as it is to believe I could actually have a child that old, well I had her when I was 3 (hehehe). I have symbols for each of my children,  a heart for Ian -he is a child of my heart, a diamond for Chrissy- she is a diamond in the rough, and for Helena- a gift, because God blessed us with her. 
You see I always wanted 12 boys when I was growing up, so after I got married I got pregnant and to my surprise  God gave me one girl. We never had another pregnancy, no miscarriages and no luck having any more children. We tried for years to have more and do anything possible to make that work but to no avail. I'm so glad God knows what He is doing, even when we don't in the moment. Helena was born May 24th 1990 and my delivery was a short 15 minutes with 3 pushes and done. I know I suck. Anyway she was an interesting child, loved being dirty, and making messes, and paper. But she is beloved, everyone who meets her loves her. She is creative and smart. When I was pregnant I prayed everyday about what she would look like and her mind. I prayed she would be pretty but smart and creative. And God gave me everything I asked for except the red hair, but that is fine. She brings me so much pride, and joy. From the get go we knew she was different, kinda in her own world, seeing things differently and somehow from another angle. Her hobbies and interests were odd, like bugs and sticks and rocks, more of a tomboy I guess, but a tomboy in a pink tutu and red cowboy boots.  She was always hard for me to understand in someways until she in high school, decided to become a Faerie (more on that later). But I pride myself on the fact that I taught her to read and spell and many things, not all good but we did our best and with the grace of God somehow managed to raise an amazing and talented person. She is now past college and married and has her own home. And her husband Steve, he is a joy and i'm so proud of her choice  Although I wish she lived closer and would make me a grandma, I know to trust God for those things and in HIS time my wishes will come true. I love my daughter and although many  mistakes were made and she still needs to get therapy to deal with  a lot of her childhood I wouldn't want her to turn out any other way then she is.
And today I want you to remember hug your kids and kiss them often because all to soon you blink and they are gone.
Be blessed today
Suszi



No comments: