Friday, June 7, 2013

Unexpected side trips



Good Morning friends,

Summer vacation is finally here, or already here maybe,
Yesterday was a side trip in my journey, and a fun one, I had a day without children, Thanks Megan.
So what do I do? Glad you asked, I went to a picnic with about 200 third graders. 
AND I just happen to find my face painting stuff in my van.
So if you know me at all, well that is a lethal combination hehehe.
I painted every face at least 3 times no exaggeration. Loads of flaming baseballs and mustaches.
I think I showed Angie a new career path hehe. (she painted the white circles for the balls) 
But it was so fun to be spontaneous and silly. and well Caleb (Angie's 3rd grade son) was the coolest kid ever to all the other 3rd graders, and that was where my joy abounded seeing those pats on the back and the pride in his little heart.
I think what was so interesting and do almost every time I do this is, the first kid sets the tone. Whatever he or she gets, is what nearly they all get. But there is that one person always that stands out to me, usually a quiet one, that goes against the flow, wants something totally different. I guess they remind me of myself.
I always like going against the flow and being a bit off kilter. Just enough hillbilly and white trash to make me funny. I think my husband wishes I was more normal at times, when God created me I think He was laughing. As I grow and mature, I look to Him and try to see His reason and purpose for my life. I may never know fully, and I hope to strive to please Him. I know He has to switch out my guardian angels, so they can rest, I know I wear them out. One of my hopes is that His joy spills over in me. That He is pleased with the choices I make. I have so many areas in my life I need work. But He knows me and He created me, so He knows me well and I just hope He is honored enough, I know I keep Him laughing. 
I pictured my life so differently when I planned it long ago, and how I feel content knowing I am in a place He put me, doing what He wants, for the most part. Striving toward the plans He has for me. 
So today I try not to be one of those kids who follows and copies the one ahead of me, but to be the one with new life and originality, that pleases the creator and makes Him smile.

Blessing someone today by mowing their lawn would be amazing. 
(Since their mower is broke hint hint hehehe)

Bless a friend or a friends child and bring joy to someone today

Always 
Suszi

No comments: