Thursday, June 6, 2013

Kindergarten Memories old and new


Good morning friends,

Today is a sad day, my baby finishes kindergarten. 
He is so excited but he is also sad because it is his last day with Mrs. Kluntz.
He loves this woman, adores her mainly.
So finding a appropriate gift for her was hard. I looked at all the usual apple ideas and finding nothing that 
truly expressed his feelings, until she said something at the picnic the other day about loving her job because she saw the growth of the kids over the year. So it got me thinking, (scary) what grows? Something she could watch grow? flower (over done) seeds (to much work)  Hummm? A TREE. I got it so then the hunt for a nice poem to go with it. NADA. So I wrote the one above, just for her to thank her for helping with this year of growth in my baby.

My kindergarten teacher was Mrs. Anderson, oh how I loved her. She is the first people to show me how to be creative in a huge way. I still remember so much of what she taught us, most of all I remember the giant paper mache' giraffe. like 6 ft tall and of course it was perfect, at least in my memory, but I am sure it was interesting at mos,t being done by 20, 5 year olds. I remember her patience I was scared of going, my dear sweet brothers told me teachers were all evil witches, so I had a bit of anxiety. She quickly calmed my fears. My greatest accomplishment was learning to tie my shoes, while my son learned how to read in kindergarten.  We only had half day school then and I was afternoon because I was a country kid. I remember the room, the desks, and mostly the smell. Isn't it funny how we remember the smallest things? The last time I remember seeing Mrs. Anderson was at my High school graduation. She said I was the only one to ever invite her to one. But she had made such an impact on me and shaped me and gave me courage and patience, I owed it to her to thank her. Im sure she is gone now, but when I go to my home town I drive by her old house and smile at those precious memories. 

So today remember your kindergarten teacher , and thank her for what she did for you.
So thank you Mrs'. Anderson for my memories, and
a special Thank you to Mrs. Kluntz for starting my son
off on his education with excitement and wonder.

Have a blessed day

Always
Suszi

No comments: