Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Ode to Kelsey



Good morning friends,
Today i'm going to share one of my loves.
The one thing I have loved since the first time I touched a camera.
Photography.
I know I am not the worlds best, but I still love it.
I love to teach it, and help others with it.
I have been mentoring a beautiful, young woman for several years now.
Her name is Kelsey.
She has made me so proud, she has surpassed me in her ability,
 and it is so fun to watch her mature and embrace new ideas.
She is very willing to listen to critique and learn.
I think what she has taught me has been of great value.
To have fun with it again.
Which happens with anything you make a job, 
it loses it's passion after a while and feels like work.
She has so much integrity and kindness.
She is respectful of people and life.
She has a deep spirituality that nothing could waver.
Sure she is young and still has a lot to learn in life, but
I have never meet anyone who is that solid in so may things.
Many things I don't feel solid in sometimes.
Not afraid to let others know she is a Christian and loves Jesus.
It has been my honor to mentor her over the years.
I know life will take her to places I have only dreamed of photographing.
And as she does, as life takes her and tugs at her and she grows and learns, 
I am so thankful God has allowed me to be part of her journey.

This has been one of the most rewarding things I have done.
So look around to see if you can impact someone else by mentoring.
It will inspire you as much as help them.

Be blessed this beautiful day.

Always
Suszi




No comments: