Monday, June 24, 2013

I hearken back to a simpler time





Good Morning Friends,
After a long relaxing (for the most part)
weekend, I don't have to much on my mind, except the craziness that is my house.
My kids were extra crazy this morning, and whiny.
They are extra demanding today, I barely got to write this.
Some-days are hard being an older parent to young children.
I don't have the stamina I did at 20, but I do have more patience, and a LOT more maturity.
I was so strict With Helena our oldest daughter, maybe to strict. But I think we muddle through the best we can, and pray for Gods grace and wisdom, and hope for the best.
Of course Helena is a fairly normal person, and these two are much needier.
I just know that God is in heaven laughing at me, He has a sense of humor.
Hey Suszi doesn't have enough in her life, give her another child, and let's see what she does.
I can see Him slapping His knee and rolling in laughter.
I wish it was the 1950's, times were simpler, people dressed up to clean house and go to the store.
Children were allowed to wander around town, and everyone watched out for their neighbor. Kids were spanked and made to obey and be respectful. Women were treated like ladies. 
Life was just cleaner it seems. I'm sure it wasn't always the wonderful time it is depicted, but it was as far as children were concerned a freer time, they were allowed to stray farther from home. We were even into the 80's, at least the late 70's. And something in society changed. More evil or threatening to their safety.
We went out in the morning and maybe came home for lunch, but had to be home by dark.
Then we would eat and go back out. Now if you haven't seen your child in half an hour, you frantically search for them. It is so sad our society has come to the point where kids cannot even be free to be kids. 
Not even to mention the technology and it's issues.
But I long for a simpler time and work hard to try and do some of that in our home.
This summer is going to be a summer of fun. Being outside and swimming, and playing and enjoying all that life has to give. And for the sake of Chrissy having her enjoy every single moment of her life. 
This weekend we had what appear to be seizures, which means her condition may be worsening. 
So as our journey brings us on yet another side track, Please pray for her and the changes that are happening to her tiny body, and for wisdom from the doctors. 
I hope you all can look for a simpler life for yourselves today. Not so wrapped up in circumstances but in the Joy only God can bring, and let Him handle all the little things for you.
Be blessed today.

Always
Suszi

No comments: