Monday, July 29, 2013

Sharing the Love of God








Good Morning friends,
As you can see we attempted to have our family pictures taken.
As you can see my family is slightly abnormal.
I really dont believe we got any pictures that were very "Normal " looking.
Being a photographer I realize how difficult  it is to take photos of a large family group.
but then you add in our quirkiness and the fact that I also do photography and see certain shots. You might almost begin to understand how our day went.
We actually had 3 photographers there. Jennifer and Kimberly of His Light Photography and Kelsey Millican of Kelsey Millican photography.  And Kelsey did a great job and it will look good in her portfolio. His light shots im excited to see. But the most important thing is, that we had a blast and laughed and played and caught some very precious  moments. It truly showed me how our family is though. We are at the core irreverent. Which I see as FABUlous. I don't want to teach my children that life is only about rules and a certain way the world says to live. My cousin Steve who is a pastor in Arizona said in comment to a post I made on Facebook about my family being irreverent said this " Irreverent means- Not bound by religious limitations"  I LOVE THAT.  All God wants is our love and belief and really that is all that is basically required to enter Heaven all the rules and extra junk we add on, thinking it makes us Holy or helps us get to Heaven, is NOT necessary. Sure we need to be nice and loving and kind, but I think when we truly have a relationship with God those things come out of us naturally, and if they don't maybe we need to change US. I have faults and things in my life that I struggle with everyday. I am in no way a perfect being. I know I can prove nothing to God, He knows it all. I cannot appease or inspire Him. I cannot impress Him. I can love Him and share that love, I can find honor and grace in His presence. And most of all I can find Joy in Him, knowing I am His beloved child and He cannot wait to hold me in His arms. I cannot buy that privilege or obtain it myself by what I do, other than surrender completely to Him.  I want to live in such a  way that I don't have to preach but people will know who God is by the way I live my life. My hope is that I can bring honor and Glory to Him and not myself. And most of all that others will know HIM through me and that is my greatest desire. When I was about 11 I had a cousin I was very close too. Troy and we did everything together. I remember one day being at a school park and he asked me about God. I don't remember the whole conversation but what I do remember is that he asked Jesus into his heart. The perfect words weren't said or a formula wasn't done, I just told him in my childlike way God loved Him and wanted to be with him in Heaven. I believe it was not a month later and Troy was hit by a car and killed. To everyone it was a very sad time, to me although I lost my cousin and friend, I know He is with Jesus and I will see him again. And I hope we get to roller skate in Heaven, cause that is our plan. God can use our simpleness and awkwardness and the fact that we don't always know the right words, to tell someone about the love of God, and it may mean Heaven or Hell to someone.
So today don't be afraid to share His love.
I did.

Always
Suszi

No comments: