Friday, July 5, 2013

What is keeping you from enjoying peace



Good post Independence Day everyone,
Our vacation this 4th got rearranged, Dave got severely dehydrated and so
 we decided being close to home was important.
But oh the fun we had anyway. 
We only had Ian, which is rare, and delightful.
And we had a cookout with dear friends.
Then I got to deliver pie to the middle of the bridge and bless my cousin.
Then the fireworks were beautiful, even if it one of the things i'm cynical about.
I hate that it costs so much for them, and see the needs of so many in our community.
But I tried to enjoy them anyway and watching them through the eyes of a child, 
will wipe away any cynicism. It was a joy.
Then we had a fire and watched it magically turn colors, from some cool color stick thing.
But the idea of Independence day is something that I hold dear, family, friends, freedom and food.
What more could any person want?
Having fun and being silly is i'm finding so important.
It doesn't matter how we dress, or what we drive or where we live, or how much we weigh, but
more about who we are, who we hug, how we love those around us,
and how we touch others for the Kingdom of Heaven.
I am understanding that pleasing God is so much more rewarding then pleasing man.
That our Joy and peace are the only things we need to carry us through this life.
Now to teach my children, that material things aren't what will make us happy.
That family is enough. It is so hard in such a materialistic world when at every turn it is right in their faces.
But I think it is the greatest thing we can teach them, to give, to sacrifice for someone else,
and not be self pleasing all the time. To rejoice and not whine.
So today as I teach my son he does NOT need yet another Transformer toy.
And spend the day with my honey and boy, forcing myself to regain my home from clutter.
I will ponder these truths and change in me those things which keep me from obtaining that peace and joy.

Be blessed today.

Always
Suszi


No comments: