Monday, July 22, 2013

The Great PURGE



Good Morning friends,
Today I am talking about change and changes I am making in my life.
Change as I've told you before is very hard for me. But change I MUST,
I have always hated financial things, because I don't understand them, but that I changed, not because I wanted to, I went kicking and screaming the whole way, but because I did change that area, God blessed me, I honored my husband and got a ton of security knowing what is going on. And although I still don't understand anything really, I do know it made my family better and it honors God.
I am purging many things in my life, somehow over the past 6 years of living in the same  house has helped me accumulate many many many items over and above what is necessary to live. So I must purge and organize. Last night I saw just how important it was to my family. My son is a neat freak I am discovering. He likes his stuff all in place before bed. His room got destroyed and was in chaos, So as a family we sorted and cleaned and purged and cleaned his room, the longer we cleaned and the more clean it got the happier he became. AND he actually slept in there most of the night last night by himself, a miracle in itself.
So the adage that "He with the most toys wins" NOT true. The more stuff you have the larger the weight we carry, and with all the normal or abnormal things things we already have in our lives we must carry, why add more to it? 
My biggest issue is I love Junk, and I have so many ideas all the time and although I do use a lot of my things, I also have many good intentions, and unfinished projects, or I had to buy something even though I had it already and just couldn't find it. So now I have 2 or more and less money and more clutter.
Starting is my biggest battle. I work great under pressure. That often leaves little time for purging. Hence my problem. Somewhere in the last few years, I have lost the love of decorating my house. and now I have 5 rooms desperately in need of redoing, my kitchen I have had the paint for over a year. and Ian's room is princesses and not Superman, Chrissy's room is swirls and not underwater, and the bathroom is rockets and not hula dancers, then my room I have had paint for, for about 4 years and I got new furniture and still haven't gotten to make it a retreat for us yet like we need.
And I don't even want to start on my garage or weeds in my yard and my flower beds and bushes that need love. It is quite overwhelming just the thought of it all.
BUT, today I shall do a small part. clean a small area and purge what is needed to live better.
One small step at a time. and hopefully it will get easier and easier to build stamina.
We are also changing a lot about our lives besides money and the home. How we discipline and let our kids react to each other and how they treat others, this part is painful, not for me but for them, but I also think they crave this tightening of the reins. 
So today even if you are organized, think of where you can purge and make your life easier, so our concentration can be on Godly things and not undone things.
Be blessed today.

Always
Suszi


No comments: