Thursday, July 25, 2013

The solid rock I stand



Good morning friends,
Today I am exhausted, who would have thought so much procrastination would be so exhausting.
So today is a new day, a little less stress and a lot more joy.
Or I would if I were less tired.
I still have a few things to take care of out at the store but this too shall pass and 
Now to give my family the attention I want to give them. 
There are 7 Australians here already. 2 on the way. 2 from South Carolina, one from North Carolina on the way and at least one from Illinois on the way.
No one seems to know what is going on, or where people will sleep and my dad keeps inviting them to stay at their very tiny house. There is little to no communication at all. And I feel like everyone is on edge.
Welcome to my insane crazy family. 
I lived for a very long time thinking a certain way about my family, that although we had issues we were close and loved each other and nothing could change that. Well, I took off my rose colored glassed and OH MY does the world look differently then I had hoped in my heart. I figured if we all have God as the center of our lives what could go wrong? HAHA was I soooo wrong. I now have one brother who is 
so high he is making a fool of himself, and I can barely look him in the eye without wanting to slap him. One who thinks I now want his precious money, ummm no. and my other brother who is here to have fun and a great vacation. then I have nieces mad at me and each other, my parents who I have a hard time trusting, and the whole thing is quite overwhelming. But I know in my knower (thanks for that one Ron M) that God has a reason for this and He has already shown me so many things I didn't know and will continue to bring light to things and hopefully healing to this mess. So NO your family is not the most screwed up out there, and mine isnt either at least I pretend it isn't. But MY GOD is faithful and is constant and is the one and only thing we can truly depend and rely on ever. The world and those in it will forever disappoint you but He never will.
So today I find joy and peace in the turmoil and chaos and I go forward, not back. I reach for Him instead of lowering myself to the level of games people play. He is my Rock and on the Rock I WILL STAND!!

"On Christ, the solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand."

Have a blessed day
Have Joy

Always
Suszi

No comments: