Friday, September 27, 2013

Loud and long and clear....



Good morning friends,

Do you ever get a song in your head? A silly song?
I have had "I love to laugh" from
Mary Poppins.
It is contagious.
Laughter is so healing. 
I used to laugh so much but lately it has seemed farther between.
But now the people in my life make me laugh those deep belly laughs.
Years ago I had a mental breakdown, from a very stressful job.
I was inconsolable it was a dark time for me. Then I decided to to watch "Who's line is it Anyway"
That show saved my life. We laughed so hard. 

Psalm 89:15

King James Version (KJV)
15 Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O Lord, in the light of thy countenance.

There are so many places and verses that talk about joy. It gives us strength, frees our heart, sets us alight.
My thought is that if God is so deliberate about putting it in His word, maybe He wants us happy.
I know God laughs and has a sense of humor.
Why else would he give a old, crazy Irish-hillbilly, a hot blooded Latino boy with endless energy?
I know God was in His Glory, saying "Hey, lets give him to Suszi, that'll be funny" 
I love that boy with such deepness as if I bore him myself.
Joy and laughter are so important. I have an odd sense of humor and often find things funny that others don't. Like when people fall or trip, not that I want them hurt but, it is funny.
Happiness is a choice. If you are depressed and sad, you have to make an effort to laugh but it is worth it. Find friends who laugh, it is so helpful. Pray for joy, dance a silly dance, play and have fun. I think as adults we forget to play and have fun, and be silly. We think we have to be mature and grown up.
I often am irreverent, and I try not to be but once in a while when something tickles me, I cannot hold it in.
So find something to laugh about today.
Pray to bring that joy into your heart.
If you need to laugh, laugh at me, I am quite certain you can find something funny.
Like the fact that I am trying to write this about laughter, and my child is being so nerve racking, and the tv kids are singing off key, and I am now out of coffee (my 2nd cup) in my cup. It is a 3 cup day I believe.

God I need a TON of that JOY today.

Be blessed

Always
Suszi



No comments: