Monday, September 23, 2013

Know He is GOD.



Good Morning Friends,
Wow today I have had a wacky morning or rather my daughter has, Rambling and singing the wheels on the bus, and changing clothes and bouncing around and interrupting and pure silliness which would not be a problem if she was 3 but she is nearly 15 1/2  and it is hard some days to bear.

I used to worry about everything.
I still do to some extent, but not to the point of desperation.
I guess I finally realized that God is in control He will make His will be done.
I know so many Christians who wait for years to hear what God is trying to tell them, 
When he was saying all along "Be still and know I am God".
There are times when I get obsessed with something, and I can't seem to drop it out of my mind.
Do you ever feel that way?
Or make mountains out of molehills?
I did, but God has given me a clearer understanding of faith and grace.
I don't know why people die when they are doing so much for the Kingdom? I don't know why babies are born one after another, to people who cannot care for them, and not to those who want them so desperately, I don't know why people are hungry and hurting right in our neighborhoods, or why people have to buy a huge house and car they can't afford to keep up with neighbors? 
Be still and know I am GOD.
When was the last time you were still before God?
For me it is rare...To far between times.
I can barely go the bathroom alone much less carve out time for God,
But we must.
Those fears and overwhelming stresses.
Do we think He cannot handle them?
Or just that we can do it better?
Ummmmm???
Do you think He created Panic attacks? 
NO!!
He wants us to have Joy and peace and freedom and to have it abundantly.

God Has not given us the spirit of fear
but of peace and love and a sound mind
Philippians 4:13

If God didn't give us those things where did they come from?
If these aren't the things He wants us to feel, why are we holding onto them?
How do we escape stress and panic? 
Well we really can't escape the worries of the world, but we can walk in truth, 
knowing He is in control and we aren't in this alone.
How do we change our way of thinking and worrying?
I am not a Biblical scholar, I cannot even spell it right.
But I do know God, and I do know His word and prayer,
So I figure if we pray and read and meditate on Him. 
Those other things will fade away.
There are so many things God promises us but we are so wrapped up in our lives to grab ahold of those promises and cling to them.
 Like when your momma walked out of your first day of kindergarten.
You held so tight to her and you had so much fear and worry.
But this beautiful wonderful person was there to say "It will be ok" and lead you on a path of learning and fun. We just have to let go.
  LET GO!!!
Know He is GOD and his mercy and truth and joy are waiting for you.
That worry and fear will vanish.
Know HE IS GOD!!!!
Be blessed today.
And go in Joy and give God the rest.

Always
Suszi

No comments: