Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Prayer for serenity...



Good morning friends,

Today I want to discuss the Serenity prayer,
At least the first line. The word serenity, what does that mean?

Serenity - the state or quality of being serenecalm, or tranquil
composure, calm, peacefulness, peace.

How do we find serenity?  How do we capture this and make it a part of our life and spirit.
My mom used to say this prayer all the time and we would tease her all the time and one day she was here and I was saying it under my breath.  It was so funny, and she said "It helps doesn't it?" and yes it does. I say it A LOT lately. I crave that peace and calm. When Helena  (our oldest daughter) was little and an only child, our life was so quiet, no TV, just a ton of reading, and quiet. NOT ANY MORE. Chaos seems to abound.
"God grant me the serenity" 
I need peace, composure, calm.
How in a crazy home? Loudness seems to abound.
Can you have peace in the middle of craziness?
If you read further it says "To accept the things I cannot change"
I can contain the craziness, but I can't change it completely.

But what happens when we live God’s way? He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard—things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity. We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people. We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments, not needing to force our way in life, able to marshal and direct our energies wisely.   (The message)

It is a gift, we just have to choose if we want to accept it or not.
We just have to reach up knowing it will fall off into your hands.
God give me peace, Help me let go of what I can do noting about.
Change MY heart O' God.
I can't pray that for others, only myself. I have to change me if I want to make a change in this world.
My perspective, my anger, my pitfalls, MY ATTITUDE.
God will bless THAT.
He will pour out His spirit on to a heart that doesn't hinder Him.
Peace and change, for the glory of God.
What more can we want?

Be a blessing to someone today.
Always
Suszi



No comments: