Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Inspiration from the past...



Good morning friends,
I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the Mercy seat.
So until I understand it better I am going to lighten up a bit.
When I was in 7th grade, I went to a private school, I remember a few things about that year, I got red cords and a sweater for school, oh and a perm like an afro. We went that year to AZ for a few months during the school year. And I fell in love and had my first kiss.
Another thing I remember so clearly was Wendy Darge and her project she made.
It was a diorama. Had a river and tree's and grass it was so amazing. I remember how excited I was I wanted to make something like that. It stirred something in me. 
Inspired me, it only took about 30 years for me to do it right. I have helped make cool things with my kids for school, but once I discovered Fairy houses, I knew I had fulfilled that passion.
I usually just make the houses or furniture, but this time I made the entire landscape.
I love this stuff. The size is amazing, and there are no rules because they are fairies, they can be any size. 
I use all stuff I find, outside at thrift stores, garbage, tons of stuff, so I guess in a way I am upcycling.
Maybe that will make Dave happier about me having big bins of building materials.
He is so funny cause he grumbles about the stuff, but once in a while against his better judgement, he will bring me something for my houses, he is so sweet.
I am so thankful he lets me craft to my hearts content. (If I clean up after)
My craft room is nearly done being reorganized and it is so easy to work in now.
I don't know if anyone will buy my houses, but I hope so, I enjoy the imagination part of it.
Deciding What they will do there and how they will live. It is so fun, almost an escape, to a different place. 
My very best friend was JoAnna and it is so amazing how God works. I was sitting here thinking about her (Her name now is Faith) and she messaged me to say she was praying for me, and sent me to a song on youtube here is the link 
about holding on to His promises. 
Thank you Faith.
It is so amazing how good God is, He uplifts us and cares for us from every side.
Thank you for being a lifelong friend who prays for us.

So be blessed today and watch this video and be blessed.
Find something you love and explore it today.

Always
Suszi

Here are a few photo's of my fairy house, I just made.
Photos by Kelsey Millican Photography.




No comments: