Thursday, September 19, 2013

hurry up and w.a.i.t.and wait and wait...



Good morning,
Missed writing to you yesterday but we had to be on the road by 7:45.
Have you ever had a day of hurry up and wait?
That was yesterday, but you know cool things happen when you do.
We had to go to Mayo / St. Mary's Hospital in Rochester yesterday.
It was one of those days.
We started good enough and had to stop for gas, still made it in plenty of time.
Got to the pre-op area just before 9:30 we were doing good. 
THEN.....
We got Chrissy ready and into hospital gown, then they told us it would be about 15 minutes late. No problem.
She finally went in at 11:45. o'fda 
ok well it takes just less then 2 hours so we're good.
See we had another appointment at neurology at Mayo clinic across town at 3:45
and my dear Lolly had to be back in town by 6 p.m..
SOOOOooooo.
she got out just about 2 and got back to our room and ate and recovered and woke up,
Since we had to wait so long in the morning they gave us vouchers for snacks and drinks and for free parking.
Sooooo.
Since parking is free at St. Marys why go through all that change and just shuttle over.
Did that, went great,
we got to Neurology and waited about an hour, which was ok since it was nearly an hour early for our appointment. Then we waited longer...
and longer...
They got us in a room YIPEEE at 4, we can do this...
AND we wait....nearly and hour in a tiny room that has the heat blasting, Lolly is falling asleep, im irritated (I don't do heat well)
I opened the door and sweet relief....
Then...we WaItEd.......
YES the Doctor has arrived...
we then look at every slice from every angle of Chrissy's brain
 and neck which is cool if you have time.  
She is an amazing Doctor never makes you feel rushed or anything answers all your questions,
explains everything so it make sense, so amazing, 
unless you are in a hurry...
then She had to make a dosage chart.... and fix it...and fix it...
Finally were done and it is now 5:45.
AND
The last shuttle leaves at 5:30...
SO...huh...
Well Chrissy and I got to take our first taxi ride which was just like riding in a minivan huh.
(so our parking pass money we saved, was paying for the taxi mind you)
Back to the car finally,
Chrissy hasn't eaten all day just a few snacks, ok a quick stop at the Golden Arched place.
And were off.
We finally got home at 7 :20...
Lolly was only an hour and a half late for rehearsal for the play she is directing...
I sat in my chair and didn't move the rest of the night, exhausted.
So yesterday was tough, but it was also great because there are so many wonderful people,
all over to meet and talk to. We got a chance to meet so many of them.
Do you ever get so wrapped up in your schedule you forget to ask God what do you want of me?
I do..and I wish I didn't...
All I can do is pray for those I met and hope they have someone who isn't running so fast they forget to stop and pray.
Like me...
This is something I have been trying to make myself stop doing, and I failed yesterday.
I guess that is where grace comes into play.
I am so thankful for that grace.
So today is a rest day, unless....
My cousins daughter went in to have her baby, so now it is hurry up and wait some more.
But photos are needed and I am just the one to take them...
So pray today for this new life coming into the world.

Be blessed and slow down and pray.
I will too, or at least try.

Always 
Suszi


No comments: