Monday, October 27, 2014

Treasured trash



Good morning friends,
I have my mind on reusing the old to make new.
Maybe cause I am a picker and love junk.
I love taking something ugly or unwanted and making it lovely.
So many people come to my house and say wow I never would have thought of doing that.
Trash into treasure.
Isn't that what God does to us?
We are essentially garbage, full of sin and pain. Worth nothing to so many.
To God though, we are a priceless treasure. 
He looks to that old patina, cracked paint and split wood to see the treasure beneath.
Sometimes that age and wear and tear are what make it valuable.
How often do we look past something that is "ugly" so quickly.
If it was shiny and beautiful you would say "Oh, that is stunning" but,crusty and worn it doesn't have a WOW factor, so we deem it less valuable.
Is that really how God sees us? or does He even see the exterior? I really think He just looks at the heart. 
Kinda like an inferred map, it shows where people are by body heat. I think God kinda sees us that way, as more of colors that show how "Hot" we are and less about our appearance.
I think many times we don't even have to "tell" people you love Jesus, but if your heart is so in love with Him and your life shows it you don't even have to "witness" I think that your life speaks loud and clear.
I have had people say "sorry" I acted that way to me, and I had never said anything to them.
When I was little I had a shirt that said "God don't make junk".
That was probably a premonition of things to come. 
No matter what we think of ourselves, God sees value. He will pull you out of the refuse pile, and clean you up and show the world your worth. 
As with many things the nicks and scars need to show, to show the age, and those are what tells the story.
So are you someone who can look past the refuse and dirt? maybe the smell and grime to see the worth?
The homeless man who may be a genius. Or the dirty child who is bouncing off the walls. Can we look past the obvious? Can we see value? Worth?
Can we see it in ourselves? Does God see your value? 
He sees your worth.
He sees your value.
He bought you in the condition you were in.
He looks past the filth and unattractiveness.
Past the exterior and only sees the heart of the matter.
He loves us reguardless of what we have done or are.
He loves us. period.
Values us.
We are worth it.
Valuable.

Be blessed today
Always 
Suszi

No comments: