Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Farting and warheads....


Good Morning friends.
I was thinking about my mom and yes she was wonderful, BUT she also did crazy, beyond words sometimes. For my 6th birthday I was given a bloody deer leg, cause earlier that day, when it was hanging in the tree it scared me. So what does she do? traumatize me more. One time we went to Niagara Falls in the winter, Neither me nor my mother, liked water, such a strange place to go in that situation, but my dad loved it. Well being winter, not many people were there. I went into the gift shop and was no one there. My mom was out smoking as usual. So I wandered about looking at all the tchotchkes and weird little things to buy. An entire group of Asian tourists entered, and unlike us who divide and conquer. they saw me and I nodded back to also acknowledge they were there and went on perusing the wares. A little later my mom came in, I saw her but didn't do anything but make eye contact, without missing a beat, she walked to the group and wiggled her way into the middle of the group, and proceeded to talk Asianesk, Hong-ching-ding-ramma-lamma-ding-dong. The entire group instead of looking or walking away they in unison turned to look at me. I held up my hands without a word, shrugged and VERY quickly made my exit. She then came out  laughing her head off, I was so embarrassed. Another time I took her and my aunt to WalMart. Thank God it was in Kentucky and a very small store on a very slow day. They both got some clothes and entered the changing rooms and proceeded to yell to one another "Hey you got any paper in yer toilet?" The attendant, turned and looked at me and once again shrugging and walking away quickly.She was also very proud of the fact that she could fart on command. Well for us very embarrassing, but for her very proud moments. She could fart an entire isle at a store and it would echo. She would in church and shake her head and point at someone else.If she thought it would make a loud sound or would make someone grossed out she farted. When she got older the doctors realized she did have a defect that caused that. and he suggested she get that fixed. She was offended, why would he want to fix one of her best talents. Another thing she loved doing was sitting in malls or crowed areas and talking to people and she always said it was so interesting to learn about other peoples lives. Well when they came out with War heads a super sour candy that looked like bubblegum. She would sit down and start a conversation with a stranger and slowly worked up a rapport and asked them if they would like a piece of gum and hand them a Warhead. Needless to say you could hear her laughing all down the corridor, as the person looked like she poisoned them. That and many more episodes peppered my life, now after therapy I can finally look back and laugh at many of these situations. 
And now as my children grow I many times have to stop myself from doing the crazy things in the fashion of my mother. Poor kids.
Be blessed today.
Always
Suszi

No comments: