Monday, October 6, 2014

Faith and onion sandwichs..


                                    Good Morning friends,
                              Well I couldn't write Friday sorry, first all my emotions were to close to the surface, being the anniversary of my moms death. And also because I have this disease that is horrid, and this new cold snap has been bad to deal with.  
                                                   Today is the first time in a very long time, emotionally I feel like me. Silly and energetic. We have been making some changes in our life lately and God is really in them. I also think talking about my mom has helped so much. She left such a gap in my life when she left. She also is the reason I am as strong as I am. Every aspect of my life her voice is heard, giving advice or wisdom or correction, but the best thing she did was encourage me spiritually. I learned my faith through her and her example. She never wavered. So many times in my life I have seen miracles and wonders just because she refused to give up that faith even for a second. When I was 8 we moved to Arizona. My dad worked and everything but my parents also sent 3 kids to private school and I'm sure the cost was tough. As a result I remember eating a ton of Twinkies and day old bread. Which is the reason I can not even gag a Twinkie down today. One time I remember we were making supper and there was NO food in our house whatsoever. She told us to set the table and I remember asking her Why? and she said "God supplies all our needs, and He will now too." so we set the table and sat down and held hands and prayed. "Our most gracious and loving Father, we know you will supply our every need,we are your children and know you will never let us go without. We love you and honor your name. Amen" She somehow just knew how to reach up and touch the heart of God. Suddenly there was a knock on our door. We ran to the door and there were groceries spread all over our porch, bags and bags. The funny thing is the way our house was set. you couldn't get away fast enough without being seen. No one was there. My mom instantly gave glory to God and my faith that day was so solidified, so I never doubted He was there and would supply all our needs according to His riches in glory. Another time I was about 13 and it was winter, my brothers were all gone from home now, just me and mom and dad. That was when my dad had his first heart attack. No money coming in, cold. well I remember us snuggling up to the fireplace,  eating onion sandwiches. They were so good. Mom and I had the best time, no TV, just her and I cutting wood, roasting onions on the fire, making the best sandwiches, telling stories and sleeping on the floor on pallet of blankets in front of the fire. Such a great memory for me. Not until just a few years ago did it strike me, and I asked her why we did that, that she told me we had no heat or electricity they were shut off and all our food had gone bad in the fridge and freezer, what we didn't eat earlier. so bread and onions were all that were left. She took a bad situation that could have been bad and turned it into one of my favorite memories. That is the kind of person she was. I often wish I could call her and seek advice or hear her voice. Most times a story or a memory Will emerge, and her Godly wisdom will set me straight. She wasn't always spiritual she always said, "Don't be so Heavenly minded, that your no earthly good". She had a very funny side and a life was never dull. Ill be telling more stories and sharing about her and her life in time to come. Until then,
                                                                Have a blessed day
                                                                             Always
                                                                          Suszi
                                                                             

No comments: