Thursday, April 25, 2013

Welcome friends,
Today I wanna talk about friends. I have had so many in my life that have come and gone, some touch you once and others are there for the long haul. I want to be the kind of friend that is there no matter what. Someone to depend on and look to for encouragement. Of course some of my dearest friends are my cousins (they don't have a choice). Some friends drain your strength and mind...others help where you are weak. I am the worst at communicating that is why I love facebook and text messaging I am horrid at being the one to initiate a call. I understand my flaws and work hard to overcome them. I think one of the best things God has ever worked in my life is the helping me not to be offended by what people say or do. Although I often can be offensive (i'm working on it) It has been the most freeing thing in my life, of course I do when it comes to my kids, it brings out the mama bear in me. My son Ian was adopted at birth and he is part Hispanic, well some kids at school were making fun of him for it and he didn't know what that meant, so I told him it means he is beautiful and kind and they are jealous, he bought it , puffed out his chest and said ok. Another time a kids rode up to on his bike and said "Hey Mexican" I was flabbergasted he would do that in front of me, and as I was about to say something I noticed the kids had buck teeth and thick glasses and a lot of anger, so I decided I would let karma, take care of this one, i'm sure in high school Ian will be a charmer and that boys upbringing will show. This little boy has taken my heart in such a way I never dreamed, I love my children all the same but he has a way about him that makes you just wanna kiss him. We adopted Ian at birth and someday I will tell you that story of blessing, but for now he just turned 6 and is in Kindergarten. He is frustrating and wonderful all at the same time. But his smile will light up your heart and melts your anger away. He truly is as his name means "Gods gracious gift" . So today be the kind of friend you want to have, and love on someone today.

Have a great day.
Suszi

No comments: