Saturday, April 20, 2013


Howdy from my little part of the world.
Let's talk about relatives today!! I know touchy subject hehe mine are crazy!! All of my moms family are from Kentucky and my Aunt Pudge is here visiting my mom. We all got together to make supper last night and play cards and I did a little sewing, and as I sat and listened to the game I realized some of the strange things we say that would sound weird to others, like "Stop Hinkling" , "that widow killed me" and "Shoot the moon" (all card game references). My mom is the 11th of 13 children and and by the time they named her they had run out of names, so my mom was called Blue for several months until they figured out a name and it was then added to her birth certificate, but her nickname Blue is mostly all she is called. My Aunt Pudge is also called by her nickname her being the youngest of 13, her real name is Minnie Pearl, after my grandmas favorite singer. 
We had a delightful time with them and my niece Amanda and her family, laughing and telling stories and riddles, which Ii can't repeat here because they have a slight inappropriateness to them, which is often the case. But anytime we share these times no matter what we say or do one thing is always present and that is laughter. Joy abounds, not just hehe that was cute but those deep belly laughs that bring tears to your eyes, it is amazing the awesome power these moments hold. Laughter heals and uplifts the spirit and calms nerves and I know it does medical type stuff to your body such as releasing something or another, but I digress. My mom suffers from a chronic condition C.O.P.D. Chronic Obstructed Pulmonary Disease which is asthma, emphysema  and chronic bronchitis all rolled into one, and she had been really down lately from fighting it and being in the hospital. So by the end of  the evening last night she looked tired but stronger and relaxed. It was so nice to see her and her sister together laughing and sharing their childhood stories and passing that great wisdom on to another generation. Someday I will share these stories with you but until then, smile today, tell a joke or sing a song in public and make someone else smile, it is good for you.

Have a blessed day

Suszi

No comments: