Friday, April 19, 2013



I found 2 postcards for today's post they were both so appropriate for how I am feeling today. I have this friend who I have known my whole life she is amazing, she has overcome so much to become an amazing inspiring and talented woman. Her name is Patty Rose. 
A few years ago I saw her and she had started making fairy dolls for people, and made me one for my wedding, I was so excited because sculpture is my favorite art form and she made it look so amazing it inspired me to start playing with polymer clay. I have over the years had a few successes with mine but nothing like hers WOW she is now an institution has fans and minions and admirers worldwide. 
We have stayed in touch over the years somewhat sporadically, so when I found out we were going to Florida on our MAW trip I was excited cause she lives near there, so I called and to my dismay she had moved to Texas, BUT we chatted and laughed and reminisced  and it so made me so happy to hear her voice. So this is where the surprise comes in, she asked if I was working with clay and I said yes, but I don't use any of her products (molds) because I couldn't find them except online, so she said to pick one out and she would send me one, YIPEEE so I checked them out and couldn't decide so I told her to send me one she chose for me. That was last week, so imagine my surprise to receive a package from her yesterday so soon, and inside she had sent me 3 molds and a video instruction guide. I was so blessed beyond words, she has definitely inspired me to create and to also bless others. 
Please check out her web page at http://www.patriciarosestudio.com/  and see her amazing work.
I hope you all are inspired today to spread kindness and joy, buy lunch in the drive thru for someone or leave a bigger tip or send a note to a friend.
Be blessed this snowy Spring day in Minnesota.

Suszi

No comments: