Friday, April 26, 2013



This is my Nana and Boppa. 
The first picture is them over 70 years ago and them in the same spot a few years ago.
I wish I could put into words what these two people mean to me.
Growing up I would hear my friends say "Oh man I have to go to my grandmas house, how boring" and my heart would ache. I have one picture of me with my elderly grandfather when I was 2 but I remember nothing about him. So essentially I grew up not having any grandparents. So when I met my husband and then went on to meet his family, to my great surprise  he still had both sets of grandparents and a great grandma. Over time his great grandma Nonie and his dad's parents Mike and Stella have passed on. Which brought me sadness, but joy that I got to experience them. That leaves me with Audrey and David Roe, these two people have since the moment I met them made me feel loved and accepted, just like I was one of their grandkids. I got my first granddaughter card from Nana and I cried cause I never thought that would be something I would ever receive. There was always this hole in my heart and it was grandparent shaped. Actually it was Nana and Boppa shaped. Boppa is a very influential man in politics and with the Unions he works with the Governor and does many great things for our state. But to me he is the man who is the best grandpa in the world. He is kind and generous and most of all loves his wife above all else. And Nana is amazing she has served her husband since the day they said I do, not because she had too, but because she loves him so much and their love is amazing. They go on weekly dates and he remembers to bring flowers and show his love. These 2 are inspiring to anyone's marriage loving and giving and caring. They are both in their late 80's and their health is not the best. So I treasure each and every second I get to spend with them. 
Thank you both for loving me.

Have a great day and call or hug your grandparents today.

Suszi

No comments: