Thursday, April 18, 2013

Good Morning, Is our house ever clean? No I would like to say that I like my name suggests "Susie home maker" first of all my name isn't spelled that way and when I wake up my first thoughts are coffee..then what can I create today? Yesterday I made 3 marble mazes out of felt and 2 travel journals and I actually sewed them not hot glue, which for me is amazing and frustrating, but they turned out sooooo cute and the kids love them. I'll post pictures tomorrow or soon. My preparation for our trip to Florida continues, I think it is more for my own sanity then for the family but taking an autistic child and a very active 6 yr old to a hyper-intense place is worrying me for some strange reason. I made their Journals so there is a spot for every stop on the way to gather the items that are on their scavenger hunt i'm making ie. postcards, brochures, sand etc. and should keep things all organized so upon our return it should go easily into their scrapbooks. OK so that is the plan, but often things don't work as planned around here. I am making an attempt but, my grand ideas of going completely organized and having my house clean to come back to may just be that very grand, in reality it may be more like an episode of The Middle where their family goes on a trip to return home to their house surrounded by police, the neighbor who was getting the mail looked in the window and thought their house had been ransacked and robbed. BUT in reality it was just a disaster from getting ready for their trip and being to embarrassed to fess up they played along. Although that is a show it seems a little close to home for me. It isn't like I hate house work, it is just that it isn't my first thought or something I plan each day. I strive to change this and pray a ton about it, but their is something about being artistic that uses a different part of your brain or something, I know it would honor my husband so much, but it doesn't make it easier. We are starting to Spring clean and of course that makes it worse, and the fact that I cannot pass a garage sale or dumpster or junk pile with out finding something "I  gotta have" my garage isn't able to be parked in much less walked through, and my house has many areas that are needing attention. My craft area is the hardest and so my amazing friend Theresa F is going to come once again help me sort and organize, she is my hero. So I am still holding to the dream of a perfect bon voyage with a perfect house intact. And as I strive to become a super organizer, my hope is that you can know your not the only one with piles you have to scoot around. Have a great day my friends.

Suszi (this is the proper way to spell my name)

































No comments: