Monday, November 3, 2014

Fresh insight


Good morning friends,
WOW what a whirlwind weekend. I painted so much I could barely raise my arm.
I met some amazing people and really pushed myself creatively. I didn't think I would be busy, but turned out I was. I worked Thursday at an assisted living and it was so fun, painting people who are in their 90's and showed it is never to late or your never to old to have fun. Friday I did a Darth maul which I had no idea how it would work, but it turned out amazing, I have a hard time stepping out into the unknown sometimes but I proved to myself, it was worth it. I think the most amazing thing I saw was the look in my husbands eyes. When he go to home and I was gluing horns to a strange man, he was a bit skeptical, but by the time I finished he was in awe. He rarely shows tons of emotion, usually I get "oh that is nice" but I actually got an "awesome" "unbelievable" and more than once. He also got to see me in action last week with a line of tons of kids. I think he has a new appreciation for my work which means a lot to me.
I think over time we grow so accustomed to things in each other, or take each other for granted. I love that after 25 years we can still surprise one another. We are able to find something we thought was unattainable. a newness to life. A fresh look at each other. 
I think in time we all grow stale and kinda blah with each other. predictable. mundane.
It is so important to show each other more or a fresh perspective of ourselves. 
OK sorry my train of thought totally derailed...a phone call and my son watching the LEGO movie constantly singing "everything is awesome" and my mind is kaput. hehehe
I guess the theme is "Don't forget to try new things and surprise each other each day"
Be blessed today
Always 
Suszi


No comments: