Friday, November 14, 2014

For Glory or Grief?







Good morning friends,
I am so fortunate to have amazing friends.
One of the dearest is Nan. She sent me this first Queenism yesterday.
How do we change what we don't like in life, ourselves?
First of all I think we are under the impression if someone else changes how they act then life will be right.
I used to think that way too. NOW I know there is no way you can change anyone. And frankly why would you want too?  We all got stuff, some makes us better, some worse, but it makes us who we are.
You have to choose what it is in your OWN life that you don't like and change it, and that in truth may change how others react to us, thus changing the entire situation.
Life isn't about who we are, but who God wants us to be. So are we being a good conduit for Him? Or is there something blocking Him? I know I have many flaws and many things that inhibit growth. I have very little filter on my mouth, there is little I'm afraid to say. I'm manipulative. I'm to trusting. But those flaws can also be turned and used, not changed or taken away but repurposed. My ability to talk, God uses to share here, in public or with a stranger. My manipulatively I use to be a creative parent, and it makes me tenacious about my business, I'm not easily swayed. My trust is something that helps me and hurts me, I trust and love ferociously and yes it gets me hurt, but also opens doors to help others who need love. I don't say these things to pump up my ego, but to help you understand God can use those things we hate about ourselves or are afraid to show, can be used by God to further His kingdom,
He takes the things and makes them new, uses them for good and not evil. If there are things in your life that steer you wrong, well they wont change themselves, you have to make a conscience choice to change them. Like when we were kids and had to change the TV channel, we had to get up to do it. At my house you had to get up walk to the TV turn 2 knobs adjust the rabbit ears, carefully walk back to the couch and stomp on the floor to make the one of three channels come in. We had to put forth effort. Not unlike looking for the remote for 20 minutes. God could make us perfect, but what fun would that be? If I wasn't loud or tenacious I would be boring. Each of us is unique and have strengths and weaknesses, how can we use them for Glory and not grief? Do we build or destroy? Ask God today what new can He use in us for His purpose? What weaknesses or faults or flaws can be turned to strengths and beauty? The very thing we hate about ourselves, is most likely the very thing God needs to touch the world. Kinda like my bad grammar. hehe
I guess the most important truth I want you to see is that life isn't going to change itself. YOU Have to decide if you will be used for Glory or Grief. 
What will it be today?
Be blessed today
Always
Suszi


No comments: