Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Brothers and sisters....



Good morning friends,
Thanks for you patience with me sometimes.
The past week has been a particularly hard one. You see I am the youngest of 4 children.
I have 3 older brothers Jeff is 10 yeas older has 7 children almost 5 grandchildren and owns a resort in Australia. Jim who is 8 years older, a vagabond and addict, he has good and bad times and a beautiful daughter and grandson. Then there is John, 7 years older, divorced twice, retired Army, 3 amazing kids and 2 grand kids, and  has always felt displaced by me. I did little more then be born, and irritate him while growing up. But since our moms death there has been little contact. and then only bitter snips and haughty feelings, and yes I'm sure I am to blame for most of it, but I still am frustrated with him. His latest display of brotherly love was inviting my dad to come see him, yes that in itself is nice and the fact that he paid for it remarkable. Here is the rub, my dad is the only one who is here for me out of our family, and next week is my birthday and Thanksgiving, both important days in our house and family. So my dad flies out tomorrow and back the week after thansgiving. Okay so what is the point of that? And yesterday he put on his Facebook a plead to have someone bring dad to the airport. Like we are incapable of doing that. and I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but it still hurts. It is petty and childish but it still hurts. Yesterday my friend told me to read Psalms 3, when I told her about my issues. I thought oh great something to make me feel convicted and bad about my bad thoughts, so I put it off until this morning, so here it is in The Message version.

Psalm 3 The Message (MSG)

3 1-2 God! Look! Enemies past counting!
Enemies sprouting like mushrooms,
Mobs of them all around me, roaring their mockery:
“Hah! No help for him from God!”
3-4 But you, God, shield me on all sides;
You ground my feet, you lift my head high;
With all my might I shout up to God,
His answers thunder from the holy mountain.
5-6 I stretch myself out. I sleep.
Then I’m up again—rested, tall and steady,
Fearless before the enemy mobs
Coming at me from all sides.
7 Up, God! My God, help me!
Slap their faces,
First this cheek, then the other,
Your fist hard in their teeth!
8 Real help comes from God.
Your blessing clothes your people!

Now that is a word I can stand on. verses 3 and 4 are a promise I will take to heart. My God, You shield me on all sides, You ground me and lift my head high, 
I can hold my head high knowing God has my back. Not that I want my brother smotted or anything, OK a little smotting is OK. I can hold my head up knowing I don't have to be hurt or angry anymore. I will be thankful for my husband and children, for my aunt and cousins and my dear friends who will be there and for my brother Jim who I think may show up. I will hold my head high and carry on. 
So off to tiling my kitchen and cleaning for my amazing annual Thanksgiving extravaganza and birthday party.
May you be blessed today beyond words,
Always
Suszi

No comments: