Thursday, May 29, 2014

When I fail, I find grace




Good Morning friends,
It has been a while since I last wrote, but life has a way of doing that.
Mostly cause if I wrote it would be whining and horrid stories of pain and blechh...who wants to hear that all the time?
I hate to complain or grouch. I don't like droning on and on about me, me, me.
I want to inspire and challenge, bring hope.
I often talk about the prayer I said just over a year ago.
"God, break all those things in my life I put before you"
Went something like that.
Well in hindsight I probably wouldn't have said those words had I known.
But I also am so grateful for the journey and the pain. The fire and the purging of my life.
Please don't try this at home. 
It is not for the faint of heart. 
I am a strong person, both mentally and physically, but there are times I ask "What did I do"?
So much pain , so much loss.
BUT,
I sleep better at night, I can say no to people, I stay home more. I am more quiet and I have let God pour His healing balm on my soul.
I have talked to several people about being sick lately and how that affects my life.
How no I didn't ask to be sick but I can choose how it makes me act.
Some days I fail.
Most days lately.
But isn't that what grace is about?
Learning how to carry myself with honor and dignity.
How words seem meaningless, but once they are out of your mouth cannot be taken back. 
I am learning to listen and not talk, which is super hard for me.
I observe more, look deeper at peoples lives, look at what is around me during those stressful times,
Knowing where God is at all times and what He wants me to to do or say.
Knowing His grace is sufficient for me.
I need inspiration today, I need to get my creativity moving.
I need to not dwell on the negative things that HAPPEN to me and focus on the GIFTS GIVEN to me.
I want to see change today, I want to purge and simplify.
I want to see God work in me today.
I want to bless and lighten others loads.
I want to be the kind of friend, I want to have.

Be blessed today.

Always
Suszi

No comments: