Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Preordained Junk


Good Morning friends,
Yesterday I was once again reminded of the sovereignty of God in our lives.
How He preordains situations and movements.
You would think it wouldn't surprise me, He can use our every step but yet He does.
I have another disease. It is called "Pickeriodous"
I love junk! 
I love garbage and dumpsters, junk yards, yard sales and antique stores.
AND Wellllllll...my garage shows it. And I have nearly one of everything in it.
It is like the Tardis (Dr.Who) It looks smaller on the outside then the inside.
Now I found someone who thinks my "treasures" have some value.
SOO excited but not as excited as my hubby.
About once a week or so when I round up a pile of stuff I think they may want, I head to the store.
(Pond Antiques, by the Pit. Flea Market Saturday the 17th 9-4) 
I was going to go Monday but didn't and last Friday I was too and didn't, I even had my coat on once to go and just didn't. 
(Here is where God works)
So yesterday I grabbed a few pieces and headed down there. I walked into the store and there stood the owner almost in tears. She had a rough morning to say the least.
When she saw me she was so excited, and said you are just the person I wanted to see today.
You always bring sunshine with you.
I listened to her story of her day and encouraged her. I didn't preach or apostleisize.
I said" wow God sure must of knew that, you needed that today."
I stayed a while and we talked and haggled on my items. (I LOVE THAT oh I told you that already)
I just listened and opened my heart to her. If I had gone in there with the surly attitude I had that morning I doubt God could have used me that well. I didn't feel the need to pray with her, or start a prayer meeting. But just to share some of Jesus with skin on. A smile, a silent prayer, a hug, a laugh, a blessing.
By the time I left, she was happy and smiling and holding her head higher and her shoulders squarer.
She thanked me and gave me a gift (LOVE those too)
 Her day was better, NOT because of me, despite of me, BUT because of Jesus.
I love being used by HIM.
Can you be a blessing today?
Hold a door, smile, say hello.

Blessings to you

Always
Suszi



No comments: