Thursday, May 8, 2014

A very short bucket List





Good Morning friends,
I figured since Mother's day was around the corner, I would talk about moms.
I have several women in my life, "Moms" as  you will.
All amazing, my Mother-in-Law Judy, Nana, aunts and friends.
But I wanna talk about my mom.
And two very improtant lessons she taught me the last day of her life.
For those of you  who don't know my mom Blue, went to be with Jesus last October, from COPD.
I guess looking back, the things that highlight themselves about my mom was her humor, her unconditional love for everyone and her tenacity to follow God.
Someday I will walk you through the final day of her life because it was an amazing day.
For now though I just want to look at two things. Fist was her way of making you feel good about yourself.
A friend asked me the other day when we were discussing our grades in school and I said I always did bad except in art or music. They asked "What did your mom say about that?" and immediatly her responce came to mind. She would say "Try harder, but as long as you love God and remain the beautiful person you are, that is all that matters."
That is one thing she taught me and probably the thing I miss most, is her encouragement. She always said I was beautiful, because what I have inside will always shine out no matter what I looked like on the outside.
Now with this new diagnosis (see yesterdays blog entry) I wish I had her to say those things.
But thankfully I have those "Other" moms that do.
The second thing is the most important is what she did with the time she had on her death bed.
She was in a kinda coma from lack of oxygen, and when she came out of that she was told we weren't going to fight this disease anymore, her body couldn't do it. She looked at me and said "Isn't that a fine how do you do." Then she said call my sister Mae, so I did and she told her good bye and asked to speak with her son. "She told him he needed to get right with Jesus, and he said something to the effect that it is to late for him, and she replied "It is NOT, all it takes is a few seconds on your knees, NOW get right with Jesus and I will see you in heaven." Well that was pretty much the words she used on everyone she saw or called the next 3 days until she died. Doctors, nurses, family, anyone she could get to sit by her. "Do you know Jesus?" and "You wouldn't lie to a dying woman?" With every breath she won people to Jesus.
My mom wasn't perfect in any way, but she loved God and that was apparent to the final breath when she opened her eyes and said "I see Jesus" and left us.
You hear stories about people who know they are dying and what they did with those final days, skydiving, trips, bucket list stuff. My mom won people to Christ. After that day I only have one item on my bucket list, and that is to share the love of God and show people the way to Heaven.
She never cared if she might embarras herself or worried what people thought of her, only if people came to Christ, and if their Lives were right.
That is the person I want to be.
That is the mom I want to be.
This has been on my heart for months and God is finally making clear to me His plan and purpose for my life.
It isn't to be the perfect wife , mom, teacher, artist, blogger etc. but, to make God's beauty shine through me, so I can tell those I see about Him.
It isn't a big bucket list, but to me it is the only thing I want to do.
I miss my mom this Mothers Day but, I know she is surrounded by those who love her, and she is telling a story or singing a song, and fartting to her hearts content.
I long for the day I see her again.

Be blessed today
If you have a momma hug her.
Always
Suszi



No comments: