Friday, October 25, 2013

Hope is found in nothing less...



Good Morning friends,
Yesterday held many tears, just when I thought I could get through a day without any.
I got a call that my cousin died. And his daughter called and was hurting so badly and felt the same pain I did. She needed something I could give her, Hope. 
Hope blooms eternal, 
God, treat us kindly. You’re our only hope. First thing in the morning, be there for us! When things go bad, help us out! You spoke in thunder and everyone ran. You showed up and nations scattered. 

Hope what does it really mean? How can we find it, if we don't understand what it is.

hope  (həʊp) 
— n
1.sometimes plural a feeling of desire for something
and confidence in the possibility of its fulfilment:
his hope
for peace was justified 
their hopes were dashed
2.a reasonable ground for this feeling: there is still hope
3.a person or thing that gives cause for hope
4.a thing, situation, or event that is desired: my hope is that prices will fall
5.not a hope some hope  used ironically to
express little confidence that expectations will be fulfilled
— vb  (often foll by for )
6.tr; takes a clause as object or an infinitive )
to desire (something) with some possibility
of fulfilment: 
we hope you can come I hope to tell you
7.to have a wish (for a future event, situation, etc)
8.tr; takes a clause as object to trust, expect, or believe:
 we hope that this is satisfactory

Hope is to desire with possibility. To wish or trust, expect or believe.

I think of the hymn:
My hope is built is nothing less, then Jesus' blood and righteousness.

Verse 3 says.
His oath, his covenant, his blood
supports me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.
I think of hope like, excited anticipation, I hope I get what I want for my birthday.
The longing and wishing, and dreaming of better things.
So often in life we are disappointed in one thing or another, and that will not stop.
But there are things we can hope for that won't let us down.
Jesus and His love and grace. The promise of Heaven. Our salvation.
The world is not a hopeful place, nor is it a place of peace.
Loss of jobs and wars and chaos.
So having hope is not something we can find easily, except for in Christ.
Loss of hope or never having hope would and does cause devastation in so many lives.
So how can you and I give and share this hope?
Glad you asked...
By being there, being the arms and legs of Jesus.
A hug, a smile, a call etc.
Do you know someone who may feel hopeless?
Pray today that God shows you who He wants you to share His hope with today.
Let down your guard, and let people share your life.
Do you feel hopeless? Do you hurt and need comfort?
Call out to someone, anyone and be transparent and honest.
If you think it is brave to hide your hopelessness or pain, because of whatever reason.
It isn't. It is ok to be hurting. It is ok to talk about it and work it out.
It is ok to be flawed.
I cry and get angry, yell, get frustrated and overwhelmed.
I sin, I hurt waves of hurt.
But I have hope. I know I will see my Momma one day. 
I know I will worship at the feet of Jesus.
I know a time will come when I don't have to fight with dieting, 
and self image or relationship issues.
A place where death and sorrow will be no more.
Peace sweet eternal peace and joy.
Share hope today and
be blessed.
Always
Suszi



No comments: