Friday, December 13, 2013

Your Hillbilly is showing...


Good Morning friends,
I want to tell you about an epidemic going on in my neighborhood.
Pure and utter stupidity and selfishness.
Every morning I take my son to school and get in line, unlock the door and he gets out and I drive away.
At least 3 letters have been sent home about this, but people still insist on getting out of their cars and walking their kids inside. PARK. Or they sit there and talk to their kids, get off the phone and talk to them on the way. It is quite simple really. Today someone passed everyone in line and went to the front. What is that all about. I usually don't drink coffee before I take him, and being cold it is a nasty combination. Then this morning I was thinking people should take a que from their kids, wait in line, follow the rules, be kindddd.
Ok so as I was dropping him off my hillbilly started showing, and well anuncaffinated, tired hillbillies are not good.
So as I was ranting and yelling and not being kind or respectful, I got a nudge from God, to loook in the mirror. When I did I saw the prettiest brown eyes looking and watching me. OUCH.
So although they were being rude, so was I. If some of them could hear they would say "She is a Christian?" 
GRRrrrrr I don't wanna be nice. But I will.
Can I show God's love with out even speaking? Yes to my kids.
And those around me may not be able to hear me but, I know how I should act.
Patience, Love, peace. PRAYER loads of Prayer. 
So who is right? Them for cutting the line, when who knows why, late for work or an appointment.
Me who is grouchy and indignant? 
It doesn't really matter, cause my heart is what should matter and I admit that it is in the wrong today.
So this afternoon as I sit in that same line, I will strive to be Christ like.
I will need loads of grace and love cause this is going to be hard.
But with Christ all things are possible, even changing my attitude.
I am so thankful for a God who loves and cares how I act.
Have a blessed day.

Always 
Suszi

No comments: