Thursday, December 12, 2013

Plow me into a renewed heart...



Snow in the Bible: Psalm 51:7 
"Whiter than snow"--that's how clean we are when God has "washed" us and removed our sin and shame. The imagery of cleansing is often used to describe the spiritual effect of God's work in our lives: we once were dirtied by our sin, but now are clean.

Psalm 51:7

King James Version (KJV)
Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Good Morning friends,
The other day we were driving in the snow and my son asked me " What makes the snow brown?"
and I explained about the chemicals and sand they put on the road.
It got me looking and thinking.
about our sin and how we are cleansed from that sin.
Snow is so wonderous and clean, it lands on the ground and branches so softly and beautifully. We as humans have to go and do, so we hurry and plow through, and rush the process, that it gets murkey and grungy. Granted we can't wait til it melts at least not here or we wouldn't go anywhere from November til April. I think more about our lives. How many times do we take what God shows us and run off slipping and slidding and putting down artifical stability just so we can hurry this process along.
When if we would have just stopped and waited for God to clear the way and have patience we would be fine. So often we think we know what God is saying and say ok I got this. At least I do.
But God in his amazing grace knows us and I am sure just shakes His head everytime.
I think it is interesting that they discuss snow in the Bible because the climate is so different there.
I really don't know if it even snows. I am almost sure it doen't snow like here. I had to be a hard concept to grasp.
What I did notice about the snow on  the road was that when we drive it splashes the dirt onto the clean white snow on the side of the road. It looks yucky and sloppy.
But it doesn't stay that way long, it is soon covered with fresh white snow.
It is like God's grace, as we make a mess, He soon covers us and washes it clean.
We then start a process of doing it all again. And He once again covers us. Will we ever learn?
When God has shown me some things about my life that He wants to do, but says "BE STILL AND KNOW I AM GOD" Dont touch that, hands off. I got this.
I have a plow connected to my head it seems.
I am not patient and I don't like to wait when I can just do it and be done with it.
I know God can do it, but I think I can do it faster.
But then who is glorified?
Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit in me.
Today I get to stand in the softly falling snow my head raised to the sky, tongue out tasting the fresh cold tingle in my mouth.
Letting the cold soak into my bones. Washing away the dirt and grime of the day and relaxing and letting out a deep cleansing breath you can see floating on the air. 
SLOW down and enjoy this journey. One step at a time, watching the world and not slopping our dirt on those, we run screatching by. 
Create in me a clean heart.
Renew a RIGHT spirit.
Have a blessed day

Always
Suszi

No comments: