Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Put down the Duckie and thank God







1 Thessalonians 5:18
Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.


Good Morning friends,
I am so excited my favorite holiday is on its way!!!
This year is different but good! I am not hosting which is hard but OK! 
My Family dynamic has changed, .but that is good.too
An amazing husband, and a great ex husband!
crazy but wonderful kids!
The most amazing grandson in the world.
A new Church family 
New friends
people who love me
But most of all a relationship with Christ.
He is all that sustains me most days, even when I don't have the power to pray.
When I am down to nothing, God is up to something!!!
As thankful as I am I still have issues and pain. But knowing what I have and praising God for the blessings He has given me, make me grateful and rejoicing in His glory.
Knowing nothing can separate me from the love of God.
He is all I need and all I want.
Keeps me.
 Pain, doubt, worry, anger, loss, 
He has it always, yet we forget and pick up all this and hold onto it so tight.
Those things we want rid of the worst, are the very things we have a hard time setting down!
Why is that? 
We let the bad control us and yet have to work hard to find joy and peace?
Things God lays before us as gifts. Ready and wrapped and addressed to us.
But we let the bad control us and the good lays in wait.
This is a silly analogy but on Sesame Street, Ernie wants to learn to play the saxophone.
But he has to lay down his most precious possession his Duckie.
The song is Put down the Duckie.
I think we often hear God say put down the duckie, or phone, TV, game,friends, food, and so on!
We get amazing rewards when we give it to God. We get to Play for the glory of the King of Kings.
So are there things your thankful for that maybe you put before God?
Or are there things we need to let go of?
Is there pain that holds you captive?
Is there sin we need to repent from?
Are there changes that need to be made?
I know I can answer YES to all of these!
I know what I have to do yet here I sit hanging on to junk!
So today I am going to spend needed time in prayer and start my thanksgiving early giving the bad away to God and rejoicing in the journey.
What can you give to God today?
What are you thankful for?
Let's pray

Have a blessed day
Always
Suszi

No comments: