Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Behcet's Syndrome Eve


Good Morning friends,
Tomorrow is International Behcet's Day
and I just happen to be able to celebrate this day...yipee
I'm kidding, this disease is horrific.
There isn't one spot on my body that doesn't hurts all the time.
I forget what it was like to be pain free, I think I was 8.
I have spent 35 years trying to figure out what this was, and finally got diagnosed about a year ago.
Some days I'm pretty mobile and others I have to fake it, and many I'm bed ridden.
or in the hospital. 
I am so thankful for the friends I have, they are so understanding and forgiving when I have days when my body says no, or when I should say no and don't and they see the signs and say no for me.
Stress makes it worse, and I live a stressful life. 
The thing I hate the worst is that my symptoms can change on a dime. One minute i"m fine and one minute later I am on my  way to ER. 
Right now I have more bad than good days, but a time is coming when I will overcome this and be pain free. At least that is my prayer. It is so hard to understand how I feel, but I'm grateful I have people who try. 
here is how Mayo defines Behcets.

Behcet's (beh-CHETS) disease, also called Behcet's syndrome, is a rare disorder that causes inflammation in blood vessels throughout your body. The inflammation of Behcet's disease leads to numerous symptoms that may initially seem unrelated. The signs and symptoms of Behcet's disease — which may include mouth sores, eye inflammation, skin rashes and lesions, and genital sores — vary from person to person and may come and go on their own.
The exact cause of Behcet's is unknown, but it may be an autoimmune disorder, which means the body's immune system mistakenly attacks some of its own healthy cells. Both genetic and environmental factors may be responsible for Behcet's disease.
Treatment aims to reduce the signs and symptoms of Behcet's disease and to prevent serious complications, such as blindness.
I wont bore you with more, but if your interested the rest of the article can be read at
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/behcets-disease/basics/symptoms/con-20027549
Thanks for caring enough to read and maybe understand a little.
Wear Blue tomorrow to help support Behcet's Syndrome

Always
Suszi

No comments: